Thursday, June 23, 2011

Longing for the simpler days of baddassery ...

Longing for the simpler days of baddassery? Well back when America was single handedly saving the world from those evil Soviets who just wanted to nuke us all!  Well heroes and villains are usually a product of their time as they say. So we had heroes like Chuck to take our minds off of that reality and remind us of how friggin bad ass we could be if we just practiced our forms! 
I've been looking more at 80s pop cultural relics for ideas for some games I'm planning on running for my kids who are just starting to hit the age where RPGs are a possibility.  I'm considering Thundar the Barbarian, of course a Dungeons and Dragons cartoon style game (eventually I want to do the classic 1st ed mods and some OSR stuff with em, but I'm thinking when they are a bit older ... 10-13 age group).  Anyway that clip just seemed pretty funny ... but very adaptable to the mind of a 7 year old.

No comments: